Rise to the Top
The Town of Burgeo
The Town of Burgeo, with a population of 1,300 and a rich history of nearly 500 years is located on the South West Coast. Burgeo is the hub of the area with ferry services to scenic communities of Francois, Grey River and Ramea.
Burgeo has a Fire Department, RCMP Detachment, Health Care Center, Modern All Grade K-12 School that is equipped with a Public Library and high speed internet, Museum, Grocery and Hardware Stores, Liquor Outlet, Bank, Motel, B & B and other Rental Units, Drug Store, Anglican and United Churches and Roman Catholic Chapel. Burgeo Harbour Authority has docking facilities for yachts and pleasure craft that include full access to showers, laundry facilities, electricity and high speed internet.
Burgeo is also the home of the popular Annual Sand and Sea Festival which is held at Sandbanks Provincial Park At the park you can enjoy many miles of sandy beaches equivalent to any beaches in the country. Also there are numerous walking trails at the park as well as the ones in town, i.e. Aarons Arm Trail, Maiden Tea Hill, etc.
The Town of Burgeo is seeking a Town Clerk/Manager who can provide leadership, support and professional advices in all aspects of the town’s operations and services. The ideal candidate should possess a high degree of collaboration, innovation and creativity arising from experience as an executive level manager, have a high level of knowledge of computerized accounting and excellent communication skills. A high level of knowledge of the Municipal Administration and Management Principles is required.
Reporting to Council, the Town Clerk/Manager is responsible to:
• Supervise and provide organizational leadership to all municipal staff.
• Administer and coordinate the delivery of service to residents and businesses to ensure the effective utilization of the human, financial and physical
resources of the Town.
• Act as the principal advisor to Council in the development of public policy.
• Provide Council with all relevant information required to make informed decisions.
• Promote, communicate and advance the Council vision, priorities and objectives to town staff.
• Ensure departmental strategies, plans and initiatives are aligned with Councils vision, values and priorities.
• Develop, in consultation with the Finance Committee of Council, a detailed capital and operating budget, forecast and long term financial
plans for approval of Council.
• Supervise the conduct of negotiations with unions representing Town employees and supervise collective agreements.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Provincial Legislation and Regulations that affects the policy decisions of council.
• Act as “Head” under Access to Information and Protection if Privacy Act and Coordinator of the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications and a competitive benefits package.
Please submit a covering letter and resume with at least two (2) professional references to:
Town of Burgeo
P. 0. Box 220
Burgeo, NL AON 2H0
Applicants can also submit their letter and resume electronically to: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4:00 P.M. Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Town of Burgeo
Oct. 16, 2019, 6 p.m.