Rise to the Top
Senior Frontend Developer
The Chronicle Herald is a part of SaltWire Network - the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company. Our product suite reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offerings, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Senior Frontend Developer with experience taking applications through all phases of the software development lifecycle for an approximate 6-month term. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and as part of a dynamic and collaborative fast-paced team with multiple stakeholders, to gather requirements, plan, develop, test and deliver high quality web-based solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develops responsive frontend website templates and user experiences based on approved designs that render well across all modern devices;
- Gathers, analyzes and refines requirements from stakeholders;
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues promptly and to a high degree of quality, with minimal guidance or direction;
- Adheres to industry standards and best practices to deliver solutions on time and on budget;
- Builds and integrates websites, components, modules and third party applications;
- Clearly communicates status updates related issues, assignments, projects and progress on deliverables;
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required;
- Recommends ways improve digital products, services and experiences including emerging trends, technologies and best practices;
- Make a positive contribution to the work environment, generating ideas to enhance the reputation of the SaltWire Network, and building the company’s trusted brand as the leading source of news and information; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of proven experience developing modern web interfaces and experiences that render well across all platforms and devices;
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Web Development, Digital Media Design or Development, or a suitable combination of education and experience;
- Solid understanding of HTML semantics, SEO, and website accessibility;
- Experience taking mockups and developing websites from scratch using the technologies and frameworks mentioned above, or similar technologies;
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket;
- Familiar with scrum and agile methodologies;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to anticipate issues and mitigate risks;
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Focused and effective time management and organization skills;
- Open-minded, positive and ambitious attitude;
- Trustworthy, dependable, and demonstrates initiative and commitment;
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge to other developers;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and,
- Experience working with Python, Django, Flask, Apple iOS, Android and Progressive Web Apps development considered an asset.
If you believe you meet the requirements, we want to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume, quoting posting #45-19, before 11:59 p.m. on the May 24, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: P O Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
We look forward to meeting you.
May 24, 2019, midnight