Rise to the Top
Press Operator (Nights)
We are currently seeking a full-time Press Operator to join our Pressroom on Bluewater Road. The Press Operator will be responsible for operating and maintaining the press and ancillary equipment. Reporting to the Manager of the Pressroom, you will work effectively and efficiently in our deadline-driven environment, while providing quality service to our clients.
This is a unionized position within the collective bargaining unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this Position (include but are not limited to):
- Conducting all required printing operations while ensuring all work is done safely and efficiently;
- Loading runs and preparing for production;
- Ensuring machinery is checked prior to operation and required adjustments are carried out;
- Plating, webbing up, and other preparation for press runs;
- Retrieving plates and plating press;
- De-Plating press and clean-up as required oil cylinders;
- Quality control - Check alignment, quantity, color and consistency;
- Monitoring & adjusting printing quality;
- Reviewing layout and color at console using magnifying glass, ruler and other equipment (e.g. densitometer);
- Cleaning, adjusting and maintenance of press equipment;
- Disposing of waste and cleaning rags
- Cleaning-up and tidying work area;
- Replacement of blankets, cleaning cartridges and other consumables;
- Setting of rollers and other basic maintenance; and,
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be a Qualified Journeyperson Press Operator;
- WHMIS Certification;
- Experience operating a printing press;
- Ability and willingness to participate in safety training;
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, production environment;
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively;
- Strong understanding of software production systems used to run the press;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and computer skills; and,
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with diverse personalities.
Please forward your resume, quoting posting #46-19, before the May 27, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: PO Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
We look forward to meeting you.
May 27, 2019, midnight