Rise to the Top
Press Operator (Apprentice)
We are currently seeking a full-time Press Operator apprentice to join our Pressroom on Austin Street location. Through an apprentice training program, the candidate will develop into Press Operator. After successfully completing the program, they will be responsible for operating and maintaining the press and auxiliary equipment. Reporting to the Web Press Supervisor, you will work effectively and efficiently in our deadline-driven environment, while providing quality service to our clients.
This is a unionized position within a collective bargaining unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this Position (include but are not limited to):
- Conducting all required printing operations while ensuring all work is done safely and efficiently;
- Preparing for production;
- Ensuring machinery is checked prior to operation and required adjustments are carried out;
- Plating, webbing up, and other preparation for press runs;
- Retrieving plates and plating press;
- De-Plating press and clean-up as required oil cylinders;
- Quality control - Check alignment, quantity, color and consistency;
- Monitoring & adjusting printing quality;
- Cleaning & adjusting of press equipment;
- Disposing of waste and cleaning rags
- Cleaning-up and tidying work area;
- Maintenance, such as; replacing of blankets, cleaning cartridges, setting of rollers, and other basic maintenance as required;
- Other related duties as required.
- Ability and willingness to participate in safety training;
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, production environment;
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and computer skills an asset;
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with diverse personalities.
Please forward your resume, quoting posting #98-19, before the October 16th closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: PO Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
We look forward to meeting you.
St. John's, NL
Oct. 16, 2019, midnight