Rise to the Top
Material Handlers (Days)
An immediate opportunity exists for Material Handlers at our Bluewater Road printing facility in Bedford. This position requires flexibility in working hours with multiple day shifts available, approximately 28 hours per week. Schedules are subject to change and are dependent upon production requirements. This position offers an hourly wage of $11.05 and Group Insurance Benefits after working 3 continuous months.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record abstract as a condition of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this Position (include but are not limited to):
- Adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures;
- Feeding pre-printed/flyer material to the automated work stations as required by the production schedule;
- Providing general labour support to the warehouse;
- Loading outbound material;
- Working with the Warehouse staff to ensure proper product is ready to be moved onto the inserting floor for production;
- Reporting any concerns to the Supervisor; and,
- Performing other duties as required, including clean-up of workstations.
- Previous experience with material handling considered an asset;
- Punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours;
- Ability to work in a team setting;
- Willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality programs;
- Capable of working safely, within standard policies and procedures.
Please forward your resume, quoting posting #26-19 to:
The Chronicle Herald
Human Resources Department
By Mail: P O Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
We look forward to meeting you.
May 31, 2019, midnight