Rise to the Top
Marketing Qualification Representative
The Chronicle Herald is a part of SaltWire Network - the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company - reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offerings, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
Our Lead Generation Specialist will have a genuine interest in local businesses and have the ability to build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating conversations and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities to Qualified Sales Leads. This will be an entry level salaried position within our Sales Department, with quarterly incentives based on targets. You will work collaboratively with team members throughout the Network to share the marketing boost our products can offer potential new customers.
As an Marketing Qualification Representative, you will:
- Generate leads and book sales appointments by contacting businesses within a given target market (primarily by telephone);
- Engage in proactive business conversations with business owners/decision makers to generate interest in our products and services;
- Conduct online research to better understand local businesses, their advertising needs and their target market (ex. researching Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others); and,
- Manage advertisement requests via email and telephone across the network, including booking ads and coordination with clients and production teams.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience generating sales opportunities over the phone;
- Experience interacting with business owners and decision makers;
- Effective and persuasive communication skills;
- Self-motivated and persistence to ‘go the extra mile’;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment; and,
- Ability to multi-task, have high energy, and excel in a fast-paced environment.
Our core values: Proactively Team Up, Celebrate Others, Stick-with-it-ness, Client at the Heart of Everything, Do the Right Thing, Pride in Work, Open-Minded. If you share these values, we want to hear from you!
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume quoting posting #27-20, before 11:59 p.m. on the February 27, 2020 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
Fax: (902) 426.0449
By Mail: PO Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Feb. 27, 2020, 10:02 a.m.
Sales & Related Occupations