Rise to the Top
We are currently seeking an adaptable, dynamic individual to join the team as District Manager in Charlottetown, PE. You are an organized individual who thrives in a target-driven environment. You are a respected communicator who understands the importance of being the liaison for customers, employees and management. You have customer service and people management experience and are an inspirational team leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Increasing circulation sales and ensuring district sales quotas are achieved;
- Providing the highest level of customer service to carriers, dealers, subscribers and staff;
- Recruiting, maintaining and providing leadership and guidance to a youth/adult carrier force;
- Resolving customer service issues and ensuring subscriber service standards are met and exceeded;
- Maintaining close communication with single copy dealers;
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with Circulation and Distribution departments;
- Assisting in dealer promotion and campaigns with circulation and flyer reach; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Success in this Position:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, automobile insurance, and a reliable vehicle;
- Understanding of geographical region and ability to travel to various areas throughout the territory;
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills;
- Bookkeeping and data entry skills will be considered an asset;
- The ability to work independently and effectively and to manage multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment; and,
- Availability to work flexible hours when required.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Dynamic, motivating and team-oriented with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines; proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn and grow;
- Creatively-minded with a desire to find solutions and overcome hurdles;
- Ability to galvanize internal teams and bring them on board with a new program or offering;
- Empathetic and interested in others, with a desire to learn more about their needs and a genuine want to help improve employee experiences;
- Open minded, willing to learn and comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities;
- Ability to set a direction and hold it amidst competing priorities and demands; and,
- Operates with integrity, kindness and a commitment to doing the right thing.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a great opportunity, we want to hear from you! Quoting posting #57-19, please forward your cover letter and resume before 11:59 p.m. on the July 25, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: P O Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
We look forward to meeting you.
Aug. 24, 2019, midnight
Transportation & Distribution