Rise to the Top
Director, Talent and Organizational Development
SaltWire Network - the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company - reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offerings, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
Our people—through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn—are essential to the success of our company. We are currently seeking a Director, Talent and Organizational Development to join our team. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this position plays a critical role in creating and implementing engaging development programs that are tied to our business and talent strategies. This position has four key organizational responsibilities: 1) Collaborate with managers to understand, prioritize and address key training and development needs. 2) Develop and execute a training plan and budget that prepares staff to be successful. This will include an emphasis on management and leadership training and sales training. 3) Create, implement, communicate and execute SaltWire Network’s Talent Strategy that supports and drives a high performance culture. 4) Create and implement an overarching recruitment strategy to attract best in class talent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this Position (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and deliver high quality, engaging and multi-faceted training programs that meet current business demands and are aligned to the organization’s objectives;
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders and HR to develop and embed smart talent management plans and programs that address both current and future business needs by building, implementing and managing recruitment and career development processes and programs;
- Work closely with sales leadership to develop and implement company-specific training materials to facilitate goals and assist salespeople;
- Design and implement an employee onboarding/induction program to ensure new hires understand and embrace the business strategy, culture, vision, and core values;
- Identify and evaluate future and current training development needs through job analysis, annual performance reviews and consultation with managers to ensure training is meeting business needs, and participants experience a high quality learning program that delivers business outcomes and improves results; and,
- Design and deliver scalable training and leadership development solutions that include a blended approach to learning through in-person training, e-learning, and coaching.
Minimum Qualifications for Success in this Position:
- Bachelor's degree in training and development or Organizational Development;
- 10 years of experience in human resources with at least 5 of those years focused on learning, development and engagement experience;
- Working knowledge of leadership training programs and experience in developing a full training curriculum for an organization;
- Strong facilitation skills and success as a consultant for internal customers across all levels of the business;
- Strong business presence, complemented by resourcefulness, sound judgement, customer focus and results orientation;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence collaborate and present information with clarity and purpose. Exceptional listening and questioning skills with credibility to present professionally to "leadership at many levels";
- Strong computer skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel within MS Office, as well as the aptitude for learning and teaching new programs; and,
- Self-motivated and has ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Dynamic, motivating and team-oriented with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines; proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn and grow;
- Creatively-minded with a desire to find solutions and overcome hurdles;
- Inclined to simplify and focus, rather than overcomplicate and chase bright shiny objects;
- Ability to galvanize internal teams and bring them on board with a new program or offering;
- Empathetic and interested in others, with a desire to learn more about their needs and a genuine want to help improve customers’ experiences;
- Open minded, willing to learn and comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities;
- Able to set a direction and hold it amidst competing priorities and demands; and,
- Operates with integrity, kindness and a commitment to doing the right thing.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting posting #42-19 before 11:59 p.m. on the May 24, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: PO Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
We look forward to meeting you.
May 24, 2019, midnight