Rise to the Top
Customer Care Representative (Part-Time)
We invite you to start building your career today by joining our Customer Care team. Based in our Halifax office on Joseph Howe Drive, you will provide friendly and knowledgeable service to our audience. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and holidays.
This part-time opportunity would consist of working a set schedule within these hours, for approximately 30 hours per week.
As a Customer Care Representative, you will be responsible for providing quality customer service to our readers, potential readers, advertisers and internal customers. Working as a team member in our inbound/outbound environment on multiple skillsets, you will process delivery and digital requests, assist in retaining existing customers and adding new business growth, book classified advertising and obituaries using customized computer software in a Windows environment. Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be well trained to provide service in a manner which builds customer loyalty and supports growth initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Responding accurately to inquiries via telephone, email and in-person from current and potential customers;
- Verifying database information and performing basic account maintenance activities;
- Assisting customers with one-call resolution by using all available resources;
- Handling objections and offering solutions;
- Build positive working relationships with customers for repeat business;
- Providing support for our digital products with first level technical issues on their account or services experienced;
- Conducting outbound calls to customers or potential customers for account renewals, customer updates and sales calls;
- Processing daily work in a timely manner;
- Forwarding calls to other departments or individuals;
- Working directly with the public to promote the company and its products and services, as needed; and,
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum two years customer service experience;
- Strong communication and listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and overcome objections;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Problem solving skills with an ability to work through difficult customer situations;
- Computer skills (data entry, Microsoft office);
- Positive self-image;
- The desire to deliver exceptional customer service, and to work cooperatively in a team environment;
- Able to carry and manage large work volumes in a very active environment;
- Demonstrated ability to make product and service recommendations;
- Able to adapt to new technology and software applications; and,
- Typing speed of not less than 35 words per minute.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Dynamic, motivating and team-oriented with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines; proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn and grow;
- Creatively-minded with a desire to find solutions and overcome hurdles;
- Empathetic and interested in others, with a desire to learn more about their needs and a genuine want to help improve customers’ experiences;
- Open minded, willing to learn and comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities;
- Able to set a direction and hold it amidst competing priorities and demands; and,
- Operates with integrity, kindness and a commitment to doing the right thing.
We are seeking candidates who are able to listen effectively and apply expertise and professionalism to the task at hand to ensure customers’ needs are met. Successful candidates will have a passion for great customer care and thrive on exceeding the expectations of their customer on every call. If this sounds like you, we invite you to forward your cover letter and resume, quoting posting #43-19, before 11:59 p.m. on the May 24, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
Drop Off: 2717 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NS
Fax: (902) 426.0449
By Mail: PO Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
We look forward to meeting you.
May 24, 2019, midnight
Customer Service & Communications