Rise to the Top
Business Development Representative
The Telegram is a part of SaltWire Network – the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company – reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offering, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
We’re on the hunt for eager and highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our sales team in St. John’s. The ideal applicant will be a creative, results-driven, and possess an overwhelming desire to succeed. We want someone who is keen to learn and who will be passionate about the job.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for creating and executing strategies, sales plans and marketing tactics to develop new business opportunities with current and prospective clients. You will utilize product, customer and market knowledge, in addition to excellent sales skills to deliver customer solutions.
If you believe you have the talent and motivation to join our team, we want to hear from you! Our core values: Proactively Team Up, Celebrate Others, Stick-with-it-ness, Client at the Heart of Everything, Do the Right Thing, Pride in Work, Open-Minded. If you share these values, come join our team.
In This Role You Will:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market;
- Engage prospective clients and uncover current needs and future opportunities;
- Manage an active business development funnel and ensure effective conversion rates;
- Develop compelling multimedia proposal packages;
- Create customer records by entering data into Sidekicks to ensure accurate sales activity;
- Meet or exceed monthly goals; and,
- Manage and build long-term relationships with clients and ensure ongoing satisfaction and value delivery.
- Two years of experience in sales/business development;
- Exceptional customer engagement and servicing skills;
- Keen understanding of both media and marketing trends that affect target customer groups;
- Self- motivated and able to adapt the sales approach as a necessary means to achieve financial objectives;
- Demonstrated effective and persuasive communication skills;
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Sidekicks);
- Previous media sales experience is considered an asset but not required; and,
- Ability to multi-task, have high energy, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Why work here?
- Opportunity to work with top tier clients;
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission structure;
- Impressive work environment where prospects can be invited;
- Strong support from management to collaborate and close deals;
- Great benefits and collaborative team culture;
- Career growth and learning opportunities.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online or forward their cover letter and resume quoting posting #07-20, before 11:59 p.m. on the January 24, 2020 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
Drop Off: 36 Austin St. P.O. Box 8660, Stn A. St. John’s, A1B 3T7
Fax: (902) 426.0449
We look forward to meeting you.
St. John's, NL
Jan. 24, 2020, 2:54 p.m.
Sales & Related Occupations