Rise to the Top
Registered Nurse Positions
Registered Nurse Positions available- Permanent Full Time (1.0), Part-time (0.5) and Casual.
We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic RN to join our team. You will be part of a team who clearly want to make a difference in the lives of the sixty-one residents who call Queens Manor “home”.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Recognized Pharmacology course and experience in the administration of medications
- RNs will work within the CRNNS scope of practice
- Current and clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Reliable with strong leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate the use of proper body mechanics
- Ability to work rotating shifts as needed
- Maintenance of a clean and sanitary environment
- Possesses exemplary customer service skills
- Effective communication both written and verbal in English with residents, families and co-workers
- Motivated and committed to continuing education
- Must take initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in long term care setting considered an asset
- Willing to work rotating shifts on any nursing unit
- Ability to work and contribute productively and respectfully in a team environment
- Ability to work with our residents with various health concerns
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing resident’s needs through consultation with medical professionals and internal staff
- Providing leadership to staff and overseeing provision of quality health services while respecting the resident’s right to individualized planning of health services
- Working with management and our interdisciplinary teams to promote communication and compliance with policies, procedures and applicable legislation
- Assists with the development, implementation and on-going evaluation of resident care plans
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per policies, as needed
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting
- Assists with supervision of other health care staff.
- This position is 80-hour shift rotation every two weeks with opportunities for additional hours as needed.
- As per NSNU collective agreement
Please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com.
Offers & Incentives:
- Free parking
- Casual staff will be paid 4% in lieu of vacation
- A welcoming and positive work environment
- Employee appreciation events
May 31, 2019, 9:02 a.m.