Rise to the Top
Director of Infrastructure & Emergency Services
DIRECTOR OF INFRASTRUCTURE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking an individual with superior staff management, project & asset management and interpersonal relationship skills. The Director of Infrastructure & Emergency Services manages the day to day coordination of the municipal infrastructure and emergency services. The Director will support, lead and manage a team and provide effective guidance. The Director will be responsible for the planning, organization, direction and integration of the Municipality’s emergency services, facilities, the operations and maintenance of, but not limited to, the municipal water distribution system, solid waste management, facilities maintenance, sewer and water hook-ups, municipal recycling and sidewalk maintenance. All the while ensuring compliance with all applicable legislated and regulatory requirements designed to protect the public’s health and safety in the delivery of services by planning, coordinating and managing all municipal infrastructure in a manner that is consistent with the goal of delivering value in municipal services. The Director of Infrastructure & Emergency Services is responsible for accomplishing department objectives and goals within guidelines established by Municipal Council and the Chief Administrative Officer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum University degree in a related field (Planning, Business Management, Engineering, Geology, Municipal Administration, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, other credentials and related experience.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of staff management experience.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of project management experience.
- Exceptional management skills to build, direct and monitor a team.
- Ability to develop short and long term business plans and programs for the department.
- Strong technical capabilities in water treatment and distribution, solid waste collection and disposal, recycling and maintenance.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining an Emergency Measures Plan.
- Ensure conformance with all Federal and Provincial legislation and regulations.
- Abide by the occupational health and safety program to ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the municipality and workers’ compensation legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated effective management skills.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Competency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter & resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on May 31, 2019.
Municipality of Inverness
June 6, 2019, 10:24 a.m.