Rise to the Top
Talent and Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation
Halifax Regional Municipality
Talent and Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation
Halifax, Nova Scotia
On behalf of Halifax Regional Municipality, we are recruiting for a Talent and Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation to join their accomplished HR team. HRM encourages applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Taking pride in making Halifax the best it can be, the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) employs over 4,000 people annually providing exceptional service to over 400,000 residents in the Halifax region. The City’s dedicated team of public servants have a direct impact on the region, the communities, and the people they serve. Partnering with team members across the organization, the HR team provides advanced strategic support in addressing business needs, promoting service excellence and being an employer of choice.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent and Total Rewards, the Talent and Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation is involved in personnel-related planning and decision-making. The role is responsible for conducting research and analysis in compensation-related areas such as: compensation statistics and market analysis including conducting and reviewing surveys.
As the next Talent and Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation, you have a deep understanding of research and statistics and are skilled at translating this information into practical and actionable programs and policies. You have strong project management and research skills and are effective at building cross-functional relationships to achieve common goals. You can write the reports necessary to support decision-making, based on your current knowledge of HR trends and an advanced understanding of talent management, strategic workforce planning, employee and leadership development, performance management, succession management, employee engagement, employee recognition, diversity, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Analysis & Research
- Design compensation strategies and programs which align with business and human resource objectives and drive talent and business results.
- Strategic compensation planning.
- Research trends, best practices.
- Manage corporate projects.
- Facilitate group discussions with business stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver presentations.
- Develop business cases.
- Analyze and interpret data and makes recommendations.
- Monitor and research national, regional and local compensation and rewards practices and trends in order to make recommendations for the enhancement of HRM’s value proposition and talent management tools.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships in the delivery of consultation services to HRM in the form of surveys, reviews, job evaluation, etc.
- Conduct salary surveys, perform analysis of results to develop market position and make recommendations for adjustments to pay bands and/or specific job functions.
- Facilitate job evaluation processes, including significant change analysis, maintaining job evaluation databases, participate on job evaluation committee, participate in job evaluation systems review and design development projects.
- Provide advice and direction to BU management on compensation matters including establishing individual salary levels for new hires, acting assignments, promotions, special duties, compression, etc.
- Coordinates and delivers non-union salary administration including annual pay for performance program (ISA) including validation, calculation and results review.
- Act as resource for management bargaining team or bargaining advisory team as required; assist in post-bargaining rollout where compensation issues are impacted.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Human Resource Management, Business, or a related area of study.
- Related post-graduate studies and/or CPHR designation an asset.
- 5 years broad and progressively more responsible experience within the compensation, benefits, rewards and/or talent management field in a multi-union environment; participation as member of the collective bargaining support team.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, HRIS, and applicant tracking systems.
- Experience working in a diverse and decentralized organization, ideally in the public sector, with thorough knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Experience in dealing with significant organizational change.
- Management or supervisory experience outside of the human resources field an asset.
- CEBS or World at Work designation an asset.
- A strong knowledge of labor laws, benefits, compensation and privacy standards an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the HAY job evaluation system an asset.
Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
For more information contact Claire Holt, Senior Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1105 or email@example.comTo apply and to be formally considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through Meridia’s website at:https://www.meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/12848
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
March 29, 2019, 9:54 a.m.
Administrative & Clerical