Rise to the Top
Syspro Systems Administrator
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Our company operates a number of divisions and subsidiaries that continually collaborate to provide the best solutions for our customers: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, Shaw Living, Shaw Lifestyle, MMH Prestige Homes Inc. and Ven-Rez Products Limited.
The Shaw Group is looking to add an energetic and motivated individual who will join the Corporate IT Team. The SysPro Systems Administrator (Intermediate/Senior Level) will be responsible for the administration, enhancements, maintenance and monitoring of the SysPro system which is shared across business divisions.
This individual will be required to build and maintain strong internal relationships in order to successfully be a part of a team that will continuously work with Shaw’s Business Divisions. Reporting to the Director of IT the successful candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise to the business divisions in order to enable the teams (i.e Controllers) to complete business processes. As the Shaw Group continues to evolve and leverage technology this individual will also act as the Project Manager and be the main contact for SysPro related projects (i.e. enhancement and upgrade implementations) within the organization.
- Effectively develop, scope, budget, organize and manage the implementation and upgrades of SysPro and other business software.
- Provide daily user support for SysPro software related issues, utilizing available resources where necessary to drive to resolution.
- Proactively identify and implement enhanced system capabilities and features
- Lead and manage IT related projects across business divisions.
- Partner with business divisions to develop and implement system changes based on business needs and to support corporate initiatives.
- Create, where needed, and maintain corporate system(s) process documentation, including function specific guides and training materials. Maintain system documentation, logs, and work instructions
- Understand functional area business processes across the organization.
- Implement and maintain systems-based solutions to support the business with a consistent focus on excellent customer service
- Serve as project manager on software implementation projects, working with team members to ensure proper testing is completed prior to launch
This position requires flexibility in hours of work and the ability to travel to the various business divisions periodically.
- 5+ years of Syspro application administration experience
- Knowledge of SysPro key capabilities and integration of business processes into the system
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and independently prioritize work
- Ability to educate, train, and lead new and existing employees on SysPro functionality
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by visiting: https://www.meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/12789
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading recruitment and human resource firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround contingency recruitment for intermediate to senior professional/technical positions
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
March 22, 2019, 4:20 p.m.