Rise to the Top
Reference No. KR-12558
Develop Nova Scotia (formerly Waterfront Development) is the crown corporation responsible for leading sustainable development of high potential property and infrastructure across Nova Scotia to drive inclusive economic growth in our province. As Waterfront Development, their mandate was to redevelop and revitalize lands surrounding Halifax Harbour and other lands, including the Lunenburg waterfront. While their commitment and love of their place at the water’s edge remains steadfast, now, as Develop Nova Scotia, their mission is to support the creation of sustainable places right across Nova Scotia that attract and inspire people and investment. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a project Manager to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Connectivity and accessibility – including Internet connectivity – are important factors in building places where businesses and people flourish. That’s why one of the projects the Province of Nova Scotia has asked Develop NS to take on is designing and managing the implementation of a Province wide Rural High-Speed Internet initiative. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the collaborative management of the Nova Scotia Rural Internet initiative through its Planning, Design and Implementation stage. You will work closely with a multi dimensional project team on the creation of a project plan which will define how the project will be organized and managed. This will include project budgets and timelines, project governance, financial and reporting structures, risk management, procurement support, resource management, and a stakeholder plan. The Project Manager will ultimately be responsible for managing a project plan which will enable the Province of Nova Scotia to achieve its desired outcomes on time and on budget in a supportive and collaborative team environment. You may also support other strategic infrastructure projects as part of the broader portfolio of Develop Nova Scotia projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the Rural Network Plan (business plan, budget and implementation timelines)
- Preparation of Risk Management and Change Control methodologies
- Design and implement an Issues Resolution strategy to deal with program scope management and unforeseen events that may occur from time to time
- Design and build a Program Management Office that can effectively support multiple cross functional, high performance teams
- Establish Program Management tools to support planning and implementation stages of the project
- Ensure that all relevant CRTC regulatory requirements are imbedded in Planning, Design and Acceptance standards
- Ensure that Municipal and Provincial regulations are understood and followed
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Professional Project Management designation
- 10+ years experience in managing large multi-year technology infrastructure projects and multi discipline high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders leveraging a communication style that engages a varied audience
- Comfortable with multiple priorities and a day that changes by the minute, while still being able to understand strategy, stay on plan, and meet tight deadlines
- Tactical management of initiatives and risk mitigation experience in capital intensive environments
- Experience in budget preparation and reporting
- Working knowledge of Internet Fibre, Coax, Wireless and Satellite Internet technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Program Management on-line reporting and communications tools
- Working knowledge of relevant CRTC, Municipal and Provincial regulations
- Proven collaborative leadership skills
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and follow through with improvement initiatives from identification to completion.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
By joining Develop Nova Scotia, you will be part of a nimble organization that is making a difference in the lives of community members by building great places. This is an organization that offers you work/life balance, a dynamic work environment and the chance to be involved with some of the most interesting projects taking place in our province. In exchange for the knowledge and experience you bring, you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation, benefits and pension package. Develop Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online through the following link:
If you have questions about the role contact Katherine Risley, Partner at 902-424-1120
or Emma Wach, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading contingency recruitment firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround recruitment for professional and technical positions.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
Feb. 6, 2019, 9:59 a.m.