Rise to the Top
Reference No. KR - 12743
Develop Nova Scotia (formerly Waterfront Development) is the crown corporation responsible for leading sustainable development of high potential property and infrastructure across Nova Scotia to drive inclusive economic growth in our province. As Waterfront Development, their mandate was to redevelop and revitalize lands surrounding Halifax Harbour and other lands, including the Lunenburg waterfront. While their commitment and love of their place at the water’s edge remains steadfast, now, as Develop Nova Scotia, their mission is to support the creation of sustainable places right across Nova Scotia that attract and inspire people and investment. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will lead end-to-end procurement for Develop Nova Scotia. Your excellent communication skills allow you to foster strong supplier relationships and set high performance standards. You can easily go from high level strategic thinking to focusing in on smaller details and your leadership skills will help to improve collaboration and create awareness of procurement policies and practices throughout Develop Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the full procurement lifecycle, including sourcing, negotiations, vendor on-boarding, supplier performance management, and termination.
- Participate in strategic sourcing initiatives and the complete effort from spend profile development and requirements definition to participating in the negotiations of commercial terms and contract execution.
- Develop and negotiate innovative supply contracts.
- Assist the project teams in the design and development of RFXs, contract negotiations, help to identify supplier contract savings, and total cost of ownership evaluations and business case development.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track supplier performance.
- Provide guidance to internal clients with requirements gathering, strategic sourcing activities, benchmarking and gathering supplier performance information to optimize and ensure acquisition is done to the best interest of stakeholders.
- Manage, monitor and report on supplier performance on an ongoing basis to ensure performance measures are being adhered to.
- Identify and implement opportunities to optimize sourcing and procurement processes, policies and procedures.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or equivalent experience.
- SCMP designation would be considered an asset
- 7+ years of progressively responsible end-to-end procurement related experience including competitive bidding, contract management, and supplier performance management.
- Procurement experience for large scale capital projects would be considered an asset
- Experience participating in negotiations and relationship building
- Experience assisting with the development and implementation of procurement policies
- Knowledge of public sector buying guidelines would be considered an asset
By joining Develop Nova Scotia, you will be part of a nimble organization that is making a difference in the lives of community members by building great places. This is an organization that offers you work/life balance, a dynamic work environment and the chance to be involved with some of the most interesting projects taking place in our province. In exchange for the knowledge and experience you bring, you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation, benefits and pension package. Develop Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online through the following link:
If you have questions about the role contact Katherine Risley, Partner at 902-424-1120
or Emma Wach, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading contingency recruitment firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround recruitment for professional and technical positions.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
Jan. 28, 2019, midnight