Rise to the Top
People and Culture Manager
People and Culture Manager
Saint John, NB
Reference # KS-12722
Grant Thornton: Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A great opportunity awaits a highly passionate and motivated People and Culture Manager to join our Consumer Insolvency Business Unit (CIBU). As part of the People and Culture Team, this role provides a unique opportunity to engage in attraction and talent development with the support of a high-performing local, regional and national team. If you are passionate about the field of human resources and have an ability to engage those around you to grow an award-winning, high performance organization, this is your opportunity.
This position will be located in Saint John. There will be a requirement to travel regularly to other Consumer Insolvency offices.
As a People and Culture Manager (CIBU), you will:
- Actively manage the implementation of our People and Culture strategy including talent attraction, engagement and development.
- Increase talent development and retention through guidance on coaching and management best practices to people leaders.
- Provide a high level of service and support to internal clients around cyclical and event-based processes such as annual reviews, compensation and exiting processes for various locations.
- Provide support to the business unit on the firm’s talent management and HRIS system.
- Assist our CIBU Leadership Team with talent assessment, workforce and succession planning, risk assessment and development plans.
- Support our Inclusiveness Partner and Committee to achieve the Firm’s Leading Inclusively mission.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a People and Culture Manager? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- You have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource role and a post-secondary diploma/certificate in HR. CHRP is an asset.
- You have strong knowledge of current legislation related to employment as well as current HR theories and practices including recruitment, policy and performance management.
- You are a high energy person with an ability to multi-task and deliver excellent client service.
- You maintain strict confidentiality, use high levels of diplomacy and tact, and have a strong attention to detail.
- You have prior experience coaching leaders and can manage conflict.
- It’ll be an asset if you have experience working in a professional services or a partnership environment.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To express interest in this opportunity please click here: http://jobs.meridiarecruitment.ca/Careers/12664/
For more information contact Kevin Stoddart, Managing Partner, or Claire Holt, Senior Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 902.424.1105.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading contingency recruitment firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround recruitment for professional and technical positions.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
Saint John, NB
Jan. 31, 2019, midnight