Rise to the Top
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reference # HL-12739
Develop Nova Scotia (formerly Waterfront Development) is the crown corporation responsible for leading sustainable development of high potential property and infrastructure across Nova Scotia to drive inclusive economic growth in our province. As Waterfront Development, their mandate was to redevelop and revitalize lands surrounding Halifax Harbour and other lands, including the Lunenburg waterfront. While their commitment and love of their place at the water’s edge remains steadfast, now, as Develop Nova Scotia, their mission is to support the creation of sustainable places right across Nova Scotia that attract and inspire people and investment. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an Accounting Clerk to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Accounting Clerk will report into the Controller and is accountable for the accurate and timely execution of daily accounting transactions and functions, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking. The Accounting Clerk will play a key role within the accounting department, supporting the Controller with risk management and other initiatives to support organizational growth.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, posting to the general ledger, invoicing, tenant recoveries, purchase orders, employee expense claims, and bank deposits, while following set processes and procedures
- Monitoring and collecting accounts receivable
- Calculation of rents receivable and recoveries from tenants based on lease agreements
- Maintaining accounts payable, receivable files
- Monitoring compliance with financial policies
- Working with the accounting team to constantly improve processes and procedures as they relate to the growth of the organization
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Diploma or degree in business with a focus in accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Excellent communication and client service experience and skills
- Demonstrated team player with a collaborative style and who is self-motivated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision coupled with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive self-starter with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Critical thinking along with strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to learn new software quickly, experience with Mac processing would be an asset
- Operates with discretion and maintains confidentiality
- Knowledge of public sector accounting principles and corporate online banking processes are considered assets
By joining Develop Nova Scotia, you will be part of a nimble organization that is making a difference in the lives of community members by building great places. This is an organization that offers you work/life balance, a dynamic work environment and the chance to be involved with some of the most interesting projects taking place in our province. In exchange for the knowledge and experience you bring, you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation, benefits and pension package. Develop Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Senior Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 902.424.1117.
Meridia, a KBRS company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading contingency recruitment firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround recruitment for professional and technical positions.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions
Jan. 28, 2019, midnight