Rise to the Top
The Law Foundation is seeking a strong leader and manager to serve as Executive Director of The Law Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador (NL Law Foundation).
The NL Law Foundation is an organization established under the Law Society Act, 1999 with the object of maintaining a fund for the
purpose of legal education and research, law reform, scholarships, legal referral and assisting in the funding of the Legal Aid Commission of Newfoundland and Labrador and other access to justice endeavors. More information on the NL Law Foundation can be found at www.lawfoundationnl.com.
As Executive Director you will assume leadership, operational responsibilities and accountabilities consistent with the mission and
goals of the NL Law Foundation. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Governors and key responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Board of Governors in identifying and implementing strategic priorities and operational plans
• Developing and maintaining proper governance policies and procedures in matters of accounting, financial reporting and grant
• Preparing reports and strategy documents consistent with the objects of the NL Law Foundation
• Scheduling, coordinating and distributing materials for meetings of the Board of Governors
• Scanning and reporting on trends in access to justice issues and legal scholarship
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders including grantees, other provincial
Law Foundations, and other organizations in justice, non-profit philanthropic sectors
• Managing development and implementation of communication strategy, including website, social media and event planning
As Executive Director, you have demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with a board and multiple stakeholders. Your strategic thinking, energy and drive, and business and financial acumen are compelling. You are a clear and critical thinker with an ability to see the bigger picture and possess good judgment. You are skilled in maintaining positive relationships with diverse and informed stakeholders. You have excellent oral and written communication skills. For the right person and the right fit, this is an amazing opportunity through which to make a substantial contribution and a wide-reaching difference within a challenging and changing landscape.
It is expected the successful applicant will work 25-30 hours per week with an annual salary of $55,000-$65,000 per annum with competitive benefits.
Please apply in confidence by sending a copy of your resume by e-mail, on or before February 23, 2019, to:
Justin Mellor, Governor
The Law Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador
49-55 Elizabeth Ave, 2nd Floor
Mail P.O. Box 5907, St. John’s, NL A1C 5X4
Law Foundation of NFLD and Labrador
St. John's, NL
Feb. 23, 2019, midnight