Rise to the Top
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
We are looking for an experienced:
Legal Assistant – St. John’s, NL
This is an exciting opportunity to join a challenging legal practice in one of Canada’s premier oil and gas companies. Our Law Department provides legal expertise to Imperial and ExxonMobil Canada operations. As a Legal Assistant, you will apply your understanding of the Canadian legal process and assist with the management of case files covering matters across the country. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating travel and meetings, preparing expense reports and providing other administrative support to an internal organization’s management and staff.
Successful applicants must have:
• A high school diploma or GED
• Legal Assistant Diploma from a post-secondary institution is an asset
• 1 to 10 years of relevant experience is preferred
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage a varied workload in a fast-paced environment
• Outgoing and professional mannerism
• Demonstrated flexibility and initiative
• Work well both independently and as a team member
• Possess superior interpersonal and communications skills
• Training and/or experience in litigation, patents and trademarks is desirable, but not mandatory
Please submit your resume by January 27, 2019.
Apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil
St. John's, NL
Jan. 27, 2019, 10:23 a.m.
Administrative & Clerical