Rise to the Top
Senior Administrative Officer
The Hamlet of Whale Cove is seeking a Senior Administrative Officer (SAO), who is the senior Hamlet employee responsible for the management and co-ordination of all functions of the municipality, including financial, administrative, HR, public works, municipal services, recreation, protection services, land administration, airport operations, and other projects, etc. in accordance with
the Hamlet Act and/or Council’s policies. The SAO reports to and advises the Municipal Council composed of a mayor and eight councillors.
· 3 to 5 years experience in municipal management;
· Formal training in local government administration;
· Diploma or degree or enrolment in a Municipal or Public Administration Course;
· A CGA, CMA or CPA designation would be an asset;
· Equivalencies will be considered.
· Strong computer skills, specifically SAGE 300 (AccPac), Microsoft Office & Excel;
· Good problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate in the Inuktitut language would be a definite asset;
· The successful candidate must be bondable and provide a current criminal record/ vulnerable sector check.
The position includes an excellent remuneration and benefits package; including a settlement allowance, annual vacation travel assistance, pension, insurance, relocation in and out and subsidized staff housing.
Whale Cove is an Inuit Community of approximately 450 residents located on the West coast of
Hudson Bay. It offers terrific opportunities for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
Closing Date: May 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Submit resumes by fax or e-mail prior to the closing date:
Hamlet of Whale Cove
PO Box 120
Whale Cove, NU X0C 0J0
Hamlet Of Whale Cove
Whale Cove, NU
May 30, 2019, 11:18 a.m.
Accounting & Finance
Administrative & Clerical