Rise to the Top
Food Service Supervisor
Restaurant Avalon, located within the Castle Rock Country Inn, a four-star, boutique hotel located at 39339 Cabot Trail in Ingonish Ferry. Our fusion menu is an extension of the unique and personal Cape Breton experience we present for you at Avalon the Restaurant. We take pride in offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment that can't be found anywhere else. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Restaurant Avalon is looking for permanent full-time Food Service Supervisor to start immediately.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends). Starting hourly wages ranges from $12.00 to $14.00, depending upon experience and/or completion of in-house training
Team Member’s Role:
You are an enthusiastic individual who works hard to deliver exceptional service to every guest, every time. As a supervisor, you are proud to serve great tasting food, made with care. You are a team player that arrives to work energized and motivated and you thrive in a fun, fast paced work environment.
What we can offer you:
- • Employee discounts;
- • Great training and transferable skills;
- • Opportunities for growth
- • Competitive wage of $12.00 -14.00/hour
Apply for this job if you:
- • Have a passion for guest service and creating exceptional guest experiences;
- • Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- • Have excellent communication skills;
- • Enjoy learning new things;
- • Have a ready smile and a warm personality;
- • Are available to work 38-40 hours/week.
- • Minimum 1-year experience in food preparation
- • Completion of a secondary school
- • Ability to communicate effectively in English
- • Ability to deal well with a variety of people: customers, fellow employees and management
- • Initiative, good judgment, and ability to make quick decisions under sometimes stressful conditions
- • Responsible, reliable, honest
- • High standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- • Ability to manage multiple tasks
- • Valid Food Safe Certificate (or agreement to obtain this within 60 days of hiring).
- • Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- • Able to do some heavy lifting
Duties and responsibilities:
- • Supervise the food services associates, such as assigning work, training staff by sharing practical related experiences, assessing their performance and responding the staff’s inquires.
- • Train, inform and enforce the staff of all appropriate job duties, personal policies, labor law, security and safety procedures
- • Respond to customer issues and request to provide good standards customer service.
- • Ensure and operate day-to –day activities in an efficient and effective manner, including pricing items, monitoring and restocking food supplies, etc.
- • Complete related paperwork, such as staff daily work schedule, weekly inventories and statistical reports, etc.
- • Ensures the well-being and safety of the customers and staff
- • Works alongside employees to ensure restaurant is continually meeting production demands and standards for food quality, service times and service experience
- • Complies with all cash management and accounting procedures
- • Assigns work stations and manages breaks
- • Resolves issues within their realm of authority concerning the restaurant, staff and customers according to restaurant policies. Documents all issues and ensures management has necessary information regarding these issues.
- • Effectively uses the operating system to balance key goals of speed, food quality and cost management.
- • Completes various tasks as requested by management that may include but is not limited to daily and weekly paperwork, inventory, purchasing
- • Trains and coaches staff as directed by management. May also assist with staff performance evaluations as required by management
- • Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 per hour
CASTLE ROCK COUNTRY INN - INGONISH, NOVA SCOTIA
Nov. 29, 2019, 8:52 a.m.
Food Preparation, Serving & Related Occupations