Rise to the Top
Carnell’s Funeral Home Ltd. Is hiring a Senior Accountant to join our team. As a Senior Accountant
your primary responsibility will be leading the Accounting Department, providing accurate, reliable and timely
financial information to executives.
Education and skills needed:
- Accounting degree and/or designation. CPA, CGA preferably
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues both individually and as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Experience with trusts.
- In depth knowledge of financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the monthend/year-end close process.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Accpac and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Some Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing Accounts payable and receivables.
- Working closely with the Jr Accountant to ensure statements are up to date.
- Performing collection responsibilities.
- Preparing the weekly payroll and being administrator for Group Insurance and Pension Plan.
- Preparing the Monthly Payroll Remittance, Quarterly HST, Monthly Corporate Tax Fillings.
- Preparing financial statements and producing budgets and audit reconciliations.
- Meeting with Auditors.
- Ensuring the companies compliance with GAAP.
Please apply by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carnells Funeral Home
St. John's, NL
Feb. 28, 2019, midnight
Accounting & Finance