Rise to the Top
Tax Accounting Technician
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP’s Corner Brook, NL office is seeking an experienced Tax Accounting Technician. In this job, you will be responsible to support our clients with consulting and tax compliance engagements. To be successful in this job, you will enjoy working within a collaborative team environment, handling multiple ongoing requests while communicating with clients directly to support the growth of their business.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for preparation and completion tax consulting and compliance engagements for a variety of types of clients
- Preparing tax returns for corporations, trusts, estates and individuals
- Coordination of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST) while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Client Leader, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the
- Building effective working relationships with client contacts and responding effectively to client requests
- Corresponding with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial taxation authorities
- Supporting more junior staff with training
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business considered an asset
- Relevant experience working with tax return preparation required
- Experience preparing tax returns for corporations and individuals
- Knowledge of Tax Prep would be considered an asset
- Ability to support projects within a deadline oriented environment including working extra hours as required
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.
Please apply to: email@example.com.
BDO Canada Group
Corner Brook, NL
March 28, 2019, 1:09 p.m.
Accounting & Finance