Rise to the Top
St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Kentville
Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth
St. Joseph’s Church in Kentville, a member of the Valley Catholic Churches, is a growing faith community that desires to bring people to Christ and form disciples. The Church Secretary is usually the first point of contact either in person or on the phone, and a role that is considered a key ministry role. We are searching for an individual that is not only the “right fi t” but also sees them self in church ministry.
The successful candidate brings to the role a personality that exudes warmth and compassion and administrative skills that are at the highest level. The role is permanent part-time, 5 days per week (Monday – Friday) 9AM – noon.
Other skills that will set you above the competition will be:
• Proactive and responsive
• Highly organized, efficient, and skilled in office procedures
• Above average computer skills and familiarity with various social media
• Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgement and maturity in dealing with issues and people on behalf of the pastoral team
• Awesome communication skills – verbal and written
• Passionate about and committed to the vision and mission of the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth and the universal Catholic Church
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, if you are interested in being considered for this opportunity or looking for additional information you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes are currently being accepted and must include a cover letter that details what you feel you bring to the position and how your experience fits with building the body of Christ at St. Joseph’s Church.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with 3 professional references to:
Deadline: Friday April 5, 2019
Archdiocese Of Halifax - Yarmouth
April 5, 2019, midnight
Administrative & Clerical